#DFAchallenge – weekly dance challenges for the Dance For All Community
We’re excited to start a new weekly #DFAchallenge where we’ll invite you to participate in weekly dance challenges.
As an extra to our online class materials, we thought this would be a fun way to bring the DFA Community together!
Each challenge is open to all pupils – parents and college students, you’re welcome to join us too!
We can’t wait to see your photos or video clips and we’ll share these online, here on our website and on Instagram and Facebook.
Congratulations to our winner!
Win a DFA T-shirt!
To win a t-shirt, you must participate in ⭐ all 5 challenges ⭐
- Big Jump
- The competition closes on Mon 1st June.
- Miss Irene will select the winner.
- The winner will be chosen based on their creativity, so…
- All skill levels, dance styles and ages are welcome to enter – good luck!
Week 5: Choreography! (10 seconds)
⭐ Step 1: Watch the video guide below + review the consent & safety advice.
⭐ Step 2: Participate! Do one (or all of the challenges for a chance to win a DFA t-shirt) and take photos or videos
⭐ Step 3: Send us your choreography videos (up to 10 seconds) or all 5 challenges by Mon 1st June and we’ll share online! Send via:
- 📧 DM us your photo or video on Messenger: m.me/danceforallclasses or
- 📧 Share via WeTransfer firstname.lastname@example.org or
- 📸 If you have a public Instagram account, simply post your photo/video and tag us @danceforallclasses
Full-time college students, please use m.me/danceforallscotland or tag @danceforallscotland
Over to you – we can’t wait to see your photos & video clips!
Catch-up with all 5 challenge videos on our YouTube Playlist or our Instagram profile or scroll down.
1: Handstand! (acro of any style of dance)
2: Pirouette! (ballet, jazz or any style of dance)
3: Your favourite balance (any style of dance)
4: Big Jump! (any style of dance)
5: Choreography! (any style of dance, up to 10 seconds long)
Consent – please note:
- By sending Dance For All photos/videos or tagging Dance For All in your public photos, you consent to the photos you send us being posted on our public social media profiles and website.
- In your photos or videos of pupils who are under 18 years old, please do not include personally-identifiable data, such as their full names, email, address, etc.
- If you want to remove geotagging, there are links below.
- You can still participate in these challenges without sending us any photos or videos.
Health & Safety
You must read the Disclaimer below before engaging in Dance For All’s online tutorial. When engaging in dance work, ensure you have a safe environment, including:
- An adult to supervise you at all times, for example, a parent, carer or guardian – do not carry out these videos alone.
- A large, clear space to carry out moves safely – move anything valuable or obstructive out of the way to avoid injury or damage.
- A safe floor surface – make sure the floor is not slippy and avoid any moves that would normally require matting.
- Appropriate dancewear and footwear for the space you are dancing in.
Disclaimer: Children and young people under the age of 16 must be supervised by a responsible adult (e.g. parent/carer) at all times. When you participate in online classes, there is a possibility of physical injury. If you engage in Dance For All’s online tutorials, classes and activities, you and your parent/carer/supervising adult agrees that you do so at your own risk and are voluntarily participating in these activities. You and your parent/carer/supervising adult, assume all risk of injury to yourself and agree to release and discharge Dance For All and online tutors from any and all claims or causes of action known and unknown as a result of this video. In no event will Dance For All and the online teachers be liable to any party for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, equitable or consequential damages for any use/partaking of online classes or videos, including, without limitation, any lost profits, personal or business interruptions, personal injuries, accidents, misapplication of information/instruction or any other loss, malady, disease or difficulty, or otherwise, even if we are expressly advised of the possibility of such damages or difficulties. Please contact Dance For All via email with any questions: email@example.com
If you have any questions about the #DFAchallenge, please email our Digital Manager, Jeda Lewis firstname.lastname@example.org.
Most devices and apps have location GPS turned on by default. Location GPS is recorded in the metadata of photos and videos you take. You may be able to switch off location except in emergencies. If you don’t want to switch off location GPS across your whole mobile device, you can remove geotagging from individual apps or photos:
- Camera app > Settings > switch off location
- Apple & Mac:
- View and edit location of photos/videos on Windows (right-click file > Properties > Details tab > click “Remove Properties and Personal Information”
- Manage Android location settings (including emergencies)
- Edit or remove location on a photo or video on Google Photos